Life is messy and I try to reflect that in my stories while still leaving readers with a feeling of hope. I want them to see themselves and people they know in my characters.
You could say writing is in my genes. My paternal grandmother was a formidable diarist; my father was a journalist and poet; my sister and cousin are both published authors; even my son has shown a talent for putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) to tell awesome stories. So, it came as no surprise to anyone when I returned to my love of fiction after more than 20 years in the world of corporate communications–although some might argue there was plenty of opportunity for fiction-writing there, too.
A fan of many genres, I find it hard to stay within the publishing industry’s prescribed boxes. But whether its romantic suspense, women’s fiction, or (my latest project) mystery, I like to write books about women overcoming their internal demons or divesting themselves of accumulated baggage to reach their potential.
just for fun
Here are five things you might not know about me.
- I am such a huge Bruce Springsteen fan, most of my friends assumed the title of the first book in my Heart's Desire series was an homage to him. (It was simply a happy coincidence.)
- I hate the cold. So why, you ask, do I live in Canada? Because my husband and kids don’t share my desire for eternal summer.
- I can (and have at times) given up pretty much every type of food and drink, but the one thing I will never give up is my morning coffee – strong and black, please.
- If I wasn’t worried that someone would come to my door and judge me, I could easily live in my pajamas.
- Being an empty-nester isn’t nearly as fun as I had thought it would be.
still here? Let's connect!
I'd love to hear from you. Find me on any of the social media outlets below or reach out using my contact form.